The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Sunday, September 19, 2004

This is for all the lonely people, Thinking that life has passed them by

I'm in a pensive mood. I can't quite place the source of this-I just don't feel quite...normal. Maybe it's because I've hit a quiet point in an exceedingly busy weekend. The show at Defiance was fun, even though I was off all the way through Party Train. I think I lacked focus. But showing all the high school bands our moves was fun; I like being looked up to. I also have some insanely good news: I'm going to see STOMP for the third time. I Love Michelle. She must be bulimic because she read my mind, and knew how much I wanted the extra ticket I didn't know she had! I also am having a good hair day. Low humidity rocks.
And yet, I am in a mood. A classical sort of mood, since that's the music I've been listening to all week. Somehow, through all the happiness and laughter, I still feel, I don't want to say sad, but reflective. Am I homesick? No, I don't really want to be at home. Am I stressed? Not really. Physics is still bugging me, but I'm gaining confidence in that class. Have you ever seen the musical 'State Fair'? It has a song that goes
I'm starry-eyed and vaguely discontented
Like a nightingale without a song to sing.
Oh, why should I have spring fever
When it isn't even spring?
Is it bad when I relate to fictitious characters from musicals, because this actually sums up the exact way I feel. I'm not even sure what to write anymore. I feel like I'm waiting for something, but waiting for what? I have a Math Club meeting tomorrow, but I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat with that one. I don't even have band tomorrow to look forward to. Just a lab report. I could be mistaking dread for anticipation, bit I don't think so. I am waiting for something...but what?
Amy

3 Comments:

  • ROFL @ the bulemic reference
    it took a while but then i GOT IT and felt laughingly good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2004 02:01:00 AM  

  • ROFL @ the bulemic reference
    it took a while but then i GOT IT and felt laughingly good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2004 02:01:00 AM  

  • Oh by the way those both were me. I'm dumb at 2am.

    -Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2004 02:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home