The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Monday, September 20, 2004

The complex infrastructure known as the female mind

In case you're wondering, most of my blog titles come from songs. I don't usually make them up myself.
Well, today was interesting. I got road rage, even though I was walking. Basically, people ride bikes because they want to go faster than they would on foot, right? Well, apparently not all people feel this way because I certainly got stuck behind some slow cyclists who were using the sidewalk, not the street. Uber annoying.
On the brighter side, I am officially the secretary of the Math Club. I'm actually kind of excited. I get to put together a three-ring binder, and be all organizy. (That isn't really a word.) I am also finally understanding my physics a little better. I hope that this means I will understand the stuff I didn't understand before, especially because I have a midterm next week in that class. I am terrified. I have never been so frightened in my life. I'm praying that I do decent.
Speaking of Physics, my lab partner is a senior. She wrote our lab report the way I would have-If I were in eighth grade. I'm really sorry, but it's just not the caliber of something I would do. She was really nice to type today when we were working on it, but now I have to go and rewrite the whole thing. Do I have time for this? Not really. But can I afford to get the grade we would get if I turned in the original report? Absolutely not. I'll probably just e-mail her after I turn it in and be all 'I turned in our lab report. I put in all the equations and put in some transitions and moved a few things around so that it didn't sound so choppy', which would really mean, 'I can do a better job at writing, and I don't want to flunk physics, and I know you don't want to either, so I rewrote it'. Am I being mean/selfish/dishonest? I kind of feel bad, but then I think of my grade, and I feel like I have to do what I have to do. Geez. What a pain. If she'd only had me type!
The day wasn't too bad, other than that. I saw and talked to Elizabeth, then I ate dinner with Rachael and a couple of friends from Cru. Math Club wasn't even that boring! Tomorrow is going to rock since I am totally going to see STOMP at Elliot, thanks to Michelle, and we are fully dressing up for band tomorrow, since we are inside. Yea!
Amy

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home