The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

So, to work now! Lift up your hammers!

What to write...where to begin? Today was so...long. Math recitation wasn't too bad, considering I wasn't up to date on the syllabus. The professor had decided to come in and watch her do her little TA thing, and she totally overcomplicated a problem. I'm sorry, but when the directions say to use logarithmic differentiation, that usually means that the problem is made to be solved in three seconds using logarithmic differentiation, not in ten minutes, on half the chalk board, using the product and chain rule. I can't understand what she says anyway. I just write down what's on the board. Italian was fine, although I have a million and one worksheets due on Thursday. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow! Physics was fine. I'm working on feeling calm for the test. As Rachael put in her blog, 'breathe in, breathe out'. I know that if I go into that test paranoid, I'm going to completely lock up and forget everything. On the plus side, we get a page of handwritten notes while we take the test, so I'm not going to have to memorize everything!
I spent my afternoon in my dorm, writing my paper for MA 190. Boring. I usually do it on Friday, but apparently I didn't because it sure did take for ever today. Band wasn't too bad-Michelle and I got pointed to twice because our intervals were off. Everything else looked all right. I just spent the past hour or so finishing that stupid lab report. It's done now, so I'm not going to dwell on it.
I'm saving the best part of my day for last. I totally saw STOMP for the third time. I really enjoyed it. I went with Michelle, Brian, and Jason. The Blue Ranger was unable to attend, that's how I was able to go. Anyway, I think you can probably see how busy I was. Too busy to have an insightful and deep blog, the way some others are today-seriously, some of you guys are depressing me. We need to have a major girl's night out. Chocolate, girl-talk, DreamPhone, the works.
I've got to go-I have to do my Bible study before I go to bed-tonight I'm reading Job Chapter 38 'God's answer to Job'. Should be interesting...Job's a pretty neat book.
Amy
P.S. Anyone interested in going with a group to the PMO Christmas Show should let me know! Dates and times of the show are Friday 12/10 at 8 pm, Saturday 12/11 at Noon, 4 pm, and 8 pm, and Sunday 12/12 at Noon and 4 pm. The program says that the evening shows usually have better seating so keep that in mind, and let me know which date/time you prefer/have available. Tickets are $17 for students and $24 for adults. They go on sale October 1, so I would really like to have the date picked out by Sunday, September 26, and then money to me by Thursday, September 30. If this all goes according to plan, I'll get the tickets on Friday, the first, and get them to you. I know this is way in advance, but I'd like us to all get seats together, and good seats at that! I'll be sending out a general e-mail, so let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home