I don’t always thank You for the rough days and the hard times in my life, even though I should
Today started off well. Guess who got a perfect score on her Physics quiz! I did! And guess who has half her Chip homework done because after she turned in her lab report, she stopped at the Learning Center, and got help from the cool, American TA. That's right-Me again! So who was in a good mood from getting a lot accomplished in the past few days, and was ready to hit the books again tonight. Yup-me. Band kind of burst my bubble. I got made an alternate for the show at Illinois. I'm kind of bummed, but all the rookies have to do it. I'm just upset at myself for doing poorly last Saturday. I think that's what really did me in. But to judge myself, I've been tired lately, and have been marching sloppily. This is a really good chance for me to rest, regroup, and get my focus back. I also (luckily) have the ultimate chance to prove myself, because while I was standing around while the band was practicing pre-game, I was chosen to march in the cymbal line. Dr. Pam says that it's a permanent spot for pre-game, but I won't march half-time. It was kind of exciting rushing out to the field and trying to pick up the new set as quick as possible. Thus, my crummy band experience turned out to not be so crummy. After all, out of all the alternates, I was the one put into that position. So if I have to be an alternate, I'm really glad I get to be the alternate that marches.
Did anything else even happen today? I don't think so...I'm going to a Cru Bible study in ten minutes, then I'm hitting the books. Math homework, Physics homework, Italian workbook and lab manual, Italian quiz tomorrow...not a whole lot. I'll bet I'm in bed by midnight.
Amy

2 Comments:
hey amy, i didn't get a chance to get this done earlier, but i did post a new blog. it's 1:45 am on thursday, and i just got done. and no, i don't think i've really had time to explain the new plan, but it's in the works... it's not done yet. i'll have to talk to you about that one. anyway, i'm going to bed. i'm tired and (as my blog will tell you) i have a million and fifty-eight things to do tomorrow. see you in band!
MERMAID :)
By
Rachael, at 9/23/2004 01:47:00 AM
Being an alternate is fun- you're depressed at first, but then hey! It's cool stuff. At least it's not as bad as being demoted for the first game!! That was a bummer. But I ended up liking it. :)
Oh and I got your comment in my eljay. My response sums it up.
-Michelle
By
Anonymous, at 9/23/2004 11:21:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home