The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Be Thou my vision O Lord of my heart

I have had such a wonderful day that it is literally bringing me to tears as I type. I'm starting off with a subject that I take seriously. If you haven't by now guessed, I'm a Christian. I haven't really blogged about it much, but I'm feeling the need to right now. So I will.
When I chose Purdue. and not a private Christian college, one of the requirements I made of myself was that I would do a personal, Bible study every day, attend Cru meetings and Bible Study, and find a church to attend because I know that if I do these things, I can maintain my relationship with God, despite the secular atmosphere. Wednesday I was evaluating my self. I've been doing my Bible study every day, and I've been attending Cru fuctions as often as possible with band. The only thing I was failing at was going to church. I'd been to church once since I came here, and I knew then that I needed to have on soon, before I got into the habit of not going. So Wednesday night, I began praying that God leads me to a church. I even put it on my prayer request list to have my prayer buddy pray for me to find a church. I just completely admitted that I was failing. I knew I couldn't go any longer with out a church. And then last night, an alto sax named Scott, whom I met at Campus Crusade for Christ, asked me to go to church with him and his roommates. I said yes, and today I went to Calvary Baptist Church. It was so wonderful. I felt so comfortable, and I knew a lot of faces from Crusade. The music was amazing, and the sermon was so impacting. I went to the college group after the service, and we had a great study on a little section of Romans. I related to it so well. After that, Scott, his roommates, Elizabeth, a Windsor girl from Cru, and I ate at Stadium, and it was just so cool to have fellowship with all of them. The best part was at the end of the church service, where we sang a version of 'Be Thou my Vision', an old hymn I love, except that the it had been updated in a really cool way that kept it traditional, yet modern, which was perfect. Because that is the type of person I am. Traditional yet modern. I love the old hymns, tried and true, but beautiful and relatable just the same. But I also love the new music, with the guitars and drums, and most of all, a congregation that is genuinely meaning the words they are singing. It's inexpressible how I feel right now. It is easily the best day I've had since I've moved in, because for the first time in a long while, I feel close and connected to God. I can truly feel Him around me, and I praise Him for answered prayer and His many blessings.
I spent some time with Rachael this afternoon, just driving and walking around, talking. It's great to just talk some times. I'm' in a great mood. If you see me tomorrow, and I look like I'm walking on air, don't be surprised.
Amy
Quotable Quotes
Rachael: "Yeah, my parents have the same birthday. Same day, nine years apart."
Amy: "Do they have the same anniversary, too?"
Rachael: "Uh...um...yeah they do...Oh! Yeah, they do!"
*~*
Amy: "No turn on red!"
Rachael: "But I'm trying to turn!"

1 Comments:

  • amy, while i feel really stupid, i'm also glad that i'm part of your blog. i'm not really sure what was wrong with me yesterday... oh well. i just wanted to tell you that i'm really happy that you found a church you like to go to. i hope everything (when i say everything i mean "everything" wink wink) works out for you. oh, and do you wanna do dinner tonight since we dont' have band?

    By Blogger Rachael, at 9/27/2004 10:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home