The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Thursday, September 30, 2004

All the girls in the bathroom talkin', who they gonna take to the Sadie Hawkins?

Cary Cru guys rock. They are so cool. As our creative date, we went on a photo scavenger hunt all around campus. We made a pyramid in front of the Bell Tower, had a picture taken with a Starbucks employee, limboed under the gate at a parking garage. We rolled down Slayter Hill. which is so much fun, and if you have yet to do this, go do it now! We also had to have a picture taken within five feet of a squirrel. Guess who remembered the disgusting squirrel that we keep marching on on Third Street? Yup-that'd be me!! But back to the Cru guys. That was the best part. They bought all of us ice cream. They also gave us plastic trick-o-treat pumpkins with candy in them. And you know the best part? They held the doors for us. It was so chilvalrous, to use a buzz word of mine!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Lunch with my dad, and dinner with Windsor Crusade girls, then Cru, then the Cru Freshman/Sophomore party. It's going to be awesome spending time with Elizabeth along with my new friend Ruth. It should be a lot of fun. I'm just trying to not think about the hour of math class, and writing the lab report. Speaking of labs, I got an eight out of nine on the last one, and I got my mits on it before my lab partner could see it and realize it didn't look the same!!
I'm also excited about Saturday. My brothers and sister are coming up to see Harry Potter with me at Fowler Hall in Stewart Center. I think I'm going to get them Jimmy Johns, and we can all sit out on Memorial Mall and have a picnic, then go see the movie. I miss my brothers and sister. I just don't like thinking that I'm missing them growing up.
On the bright side, the construction people have finally moved the big box of construction stuff out from in front of our window. It's nice to be able to see again, even if it's only a roof. That's a whole lot better than a box.
What else even happened today? Not much. I had class...then class...then class...then lunch...then I cleaned my room...then class...then band...then dinner with most of the Rangers plus Elizabeth...then Crusade. Wow, I can be succinct.
Everyone seems to be blogging about how awesome their friends are. I don't want to be left out, so I will, too! Friends are so cool. I love that I can call someone and we can go eat together, or hang out, or go somewhere. I love that there are people who are enough interested in what's going on in my life that they read my blog. I hope this doesn't happen, but I love knowing that if I were to have an emotional breakdown, there would be people ready to help me, comfort me, and pray for me. It's such an awesome thing to have friends. It seems so obvious. Yeah, having friends is great. I just don't want to take anything for granted. Especially not my friends. I also want you all to know that if you ever need anything, and I mean it, I'm here for you. I don't care if it's seven in the evening, and you don't know what to wear on a date, or if it's three in the morning and you can't find a sober driver, or if you need to spend three hours working out your guy problems, I'm here. Genuinely. But most of all, you don't have to tell me anything. If there is anything you don't want me to know, do not feel in any way, shape, or form obligated to tell me. There is one thing-if you ever need prayers, let me know. If you're going through a tough time, but don't want to share, just say "Hey, Amy, I'm going through a tough time. I don't really want to talk about it, but could you please pray for me?" And I'll do it. No questions asked. I just want everyone to understand that.
Well, I have math homework to check!
Amy
Quotable Quotes: "Do not use this unless you have tried everything else!" Professor Naughton on inverse trigonometric substitutions. "The sine, er the s-i-g-n of the secant function is determined by the s-i-g-n of the cosine function over the interval...er, the positive/negativeness of the secant function..." Professor Naughton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home