The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Sunny days, keeping the clouds away

Three cheers for Cru! Last night was crazy awesome! I met Elizabeth and Ruth in Vawter, then we met the rest of the Windsor Cru ladies in the Circle and ate a wonderful meal at Meredith. (Don't eat the potatoes. Or the buffalo popcorn fish). We then departed for the Cru meeting in Wetherill 200. It was packed! People were sitting in the balcony, and there were hardly any empty seats on the main floor. I signed up for Fall Retreat, which should be really cool, going by what everyone is saying about it. The speaker last evening was the pastor at Covenant Presbyterian, and he gave an amazing testimony about how in four years God worked through ten people to bring him from atheism to Christianity. After Cru, Ruth, Elizabeth, and I departed to find my car, which we almost didn't find...and then we followed some people to the Freshman/Sophomore Cru party. All I have to say about that is Cool Beans. Seriously, we were all dancing around all crazy, because we knew no one cared, and there was no alcohol, so you knew that we were doing of our own volition, not because we were intoxicated. Then a whole bunch of Windsor Girls and Elizabeth sat around in the basement talking about miscellaneous oddball things. Around midnight we came back. I dropped of Elizabeth and Ruth and I walked back to Vawter. I would have blogged last night, but my roommate was in bed, and I couldn't see the keyboard well enough to type this long entry, so I decided that you all could wait eight hours for my entry, and I went to bed.
You know, yesterday was good in general. I had an hour of math class, which was insane, considering that two people who never show up were actually there, and that since it was Friday, we were trying to distract the professor from going on to new material. Then Dad took me out to lunch, and to get my car. I got a car wash!! I also went to Walmart. (Yea, Walmart!) I bought card stock. (I heart card stock). I also bought more chapstick so that the chances of me finding some when I need it are greater.
I got nothing accomplished academically, though (Sorry, Doc). I'll try to do some homework before the game comes on. (Boiler up! Game day! Woot!)
Amy
Quotable Quotes: 'No! Not politics! Don't talk about politics!' Elizabeth Phillips as the conversation turns inevitably to politics.

1 Comments:

  • CRU was very awesome last night!!! I'm soo glad I went. I will have to come again, most definitly! :) See you in band on Monday. --Elizabeth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/02/2004 10:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home