The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Saturday, October 02, 2004

This is your life. Are you who you want to be?

Ah, what a day. I'm starting to feel introspective again. I blame it on the weather. It's so odd, this feeling. This feeling...what is it, even? The point of nearing mediocrity, but snapping yourself away from it. The feeling of just wanting to stand on your chair, for no reason whatsoever. It's contentment with the moment, but not with the future. I'm not sure what I mean, and yet I understand it perfectly. It's emotion at it's purest and most complex, a feeling of the spirit, not of the mind.
I woke up this morning, took about two wonderfully lazy hours to get ready, ate my breakfast/lunch, watched the game (go Boilers! 41-16 woot!) and then my parents dropped off my brothers and sister. We grabbed some Wendy's, then went to see Harry Potter at Fowler Hall in Stewart center. Now I'm here, in my dorm, alone. It was really nice to see my bros and sis. Even though William and Ryan were a little squirrelly after sitting still for two and a half, it was cool spending time with them. And I have to admit, being the 'cool college sister' is kind of neat. I miss seeing them every day. But I'm not going to dwell on that. Rather, I'm going to remember how much fun I had with them this evening.
I'm searching for a subject that will do justice to this funny mood I'm in, but my brain is letting me down. I need sleep, so I'm going to do my Bible study (Isaiah 53, which prophesies the coming of Jesus), then wallow in my emotion until I fall asleep.
Amy
P.S. Sometimes I blog more than once a day, so check back over my recent posts and see if you've missed any.

2 Comments:

  • are you doing anything this afternoon? wanna meet for lunch? my stomach has digested itself and is beginning to work on my kidneys... i'm pretty hungry. i figured you'd check this before you ate anyway. let me know if you wanna do something. MERMAID!!

    By Blogger Rachael, at 10/03/2004 10:50:00 AM  

  • It's go time today, little lady. Are you ready to throw down on that Italian miniquiz? All I have to say is 'bring it.' Good luck on it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2004 09:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home