The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Who would believe my life would be so blessed

So much has happened since I last posted, that I feel like I absolutely have to blog even though I really need to study. Where do I even start? On Friday, I slept in and went to my one hour of class in my pajamas. (Steve and Barries Yoga pants are awesome). I ran into Shawn. (Of course I ran into someone I know-I was in my pajamas!) Talked to him for a few minutes. Then I took a shower, got dressed, etc. I met my dad for lunch. I swiped him into Earhart. He was rather impressed with the facilities. We had fun. I had band for a little over an hour, where we went over all the little sordid details of our trip. I volunteered to help load the truck that's going down to El Paso. I figure that I live close enough, it won't kill me to come help. They didn't have very many names. I ate dinner with Ruth and Kathy, and hung out with them for a little while. I had the most awesome White Elephant gift ever, but I ended up not needing it, so I gave it to Chris. I'm sure he's most appreciative. The Cru Christmas Party was the best. Talking to people was great. My group definitely had the best Christmas tree. It's not fair, because she was short and nobody could see her to yell for her. Oh, well. Singing carols was wonderful. The message was great, and I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to pray for the graduates. I stayed for the worship time after words, and it was absolutely amazing. It was one of those 'surely the presence of God is in this place' moments. I'm really excited about the bowl trip. There are officially three of us who are going to try and get together every day we're in El Paso so that we can pray. There will hopefully be more than that. Those are just the only people I've had the chance to talk to.
Today was fun. I took my friend Julie to the mall and Walmart so that she could buy stuff for her 'Season of Sharing' family. I managed to get an hour of studying in, then my family picked me up. We went to the Christmas Show, which was pleasant, then we went to Bruno's to eat dinner. Good times had by all. I'm excited to go home for a while. It'll be nice. I'm about to head off into another two hour stint of studying. I'm trying to really get a handle on my math so that I can go to the Learning Center on Monday and Tuesday for Physics help. That, and my Italian final isn't until Thursday, so I have more time to prepare for that.
Ooh, I forgot to say that Ruth taught me how to crochet. I'm trying to make a scarf. Hopefully I won't be embarrassed to wear it!
Amy

1 Comments:

  • Yes, thanks so much for the present. It will be greatly appreciated. I felt guilty for being the only one recieving a present. I wished that I had been someone else at that moment in time....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/11/2004 09:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home