Mary, did you know
The following is an entry on my other blog. My parents read this one, so I kind of write different sorts of things. However, it is a good chronology of this weekend, so I'll post it here.
By the request of my mom, here I am again. I thought I would let you in on my weekend, since it's left me even more tired than school. I actually had to take an hour nap before I was awake enough to do my homework today. It all started on Friday, when after Band let out Grandma picked me up and I got my car. I missed dinner with the Windsor Ladies, but I did get a group hug from about ten band people. It was almost scary, except there was so much love! I went to Cru, which was awesome, and afterwards, about five of us Windsor girls hitched a ride with our friend Shane, who lives in Cary, and went to the Boiler Crossing to get snacks, and then he took us over to Cary to our friend Scott's room. (It's actually a suite-two doubles connected by a bathroom, except the guys put all of the beds into one room, and put couches and stuff in the other). There ended up being about fifteen people in the one little room, and we had Kool-Aid, popcorn, and the other snacks that the girls and I took over. We watched Office Space, which I didn't really think was that funny. It was ok, though. After the movie, we went back to Windsor, and I went to bed (it was pretty late). I had to get up early on Saturday, because the Marching Band performed at Purdue Scholar's Day. Some people complained about it, but I didn't mind. I really enjoyed the performance last year when I was at Scholar's Day. So I have this problem where when I get up, I can't get back to bed, so I went back to my dorm and showered and changed. I ate an early lunch, and then kind of did nothing until about one, when I left to have my eyes examined at Walmart. I was down near Chauncey when I saw my friend Brian walking up the street. I naturally stopped to see if he wanted a ride, and he said yeah. He got in the car and found out that he was going to the airport. I glanced at my watch. 1:10. My appointment was at 1:40. Ah, a challenge. I actually made it to the Vision Center at 1:41, without really speeding. I was lucky, though, and hit a lot of green lights. The vision in my left eye has gotten worse, although the doctor says that my eyes are really healthy. (By the way, the optometrist at the Super Walmart on Commerce Drive is much nicer than the optometrist at the West Side Walmart). When I returned, I met up with some Windsor Cru ladies: Ruth, Kathy, Elizabeth, and Laura. We walked all the way down to the Levee and went ice-skating for an hour, then walked all the way to Stadium Dining Court for dinner, then back to Windsor. Everyone except Laura came to my room and watched Ever After. We were going to call Scott and his roommates to see if they would want to watch, too, but we didn't think they would be interested. That, and there isn't anywhere to sit in my room. Ruth left after the movie, but Kathy and Laura hung around for a few hours, and despite our fatigue, we had a conversation. Cool. Today I went to Church at Calvary. It was awesome, except I didn't get to stay for Sunday School, because I had to march in the Lafayette Christmas Parade. So I hitched a ride with Scott (who plays alto sax), and went with him and his roommates to lunch. The parade was fun, except for waiting forever to step off, since we were last. That part was a little boring. Now I'm here, after eating and napping.
In the future, I'll be going with the band to El Paso for the Sun Bowl. I'm excited. I'm about to head into Dead Week, which they tell me doesn't mean that homework and projects are dead, but that I'll be dead by the end of it. Oh, boy! I'll write again soon!
Amy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home