I don't want to waste away
OK, so I promised a longer blog. Here I go.
I am so tired. I left my dorm at nine-ish, and didn't return until 6:30. Yawn. I had two power hours, and an hour of it was eating dinner with Elizabeth and Kathy, so it wasn't so bad, but still. My back hurts from carrying around all of those expensive books. But I digress. I'll tell you how my day was.
Italian: I have the same TA as last semester, so that's cool. And it turns out that at least one person from my class last semester likes me, because she's in my section now, and she sat next to me. She got engaged on New Years. I'm really excited for her!
Math: There are two new kids in this class, and one of them remarked how jolly our class is. He transferred from 173 last semester, and he kept saying during class how he felt like he had been freed from prison. I have the same professor as last semester, and that is very cool.
Physics: My friend Gersh, who plays clarinet in band, is in both my recitation and my lecture. Which is fun. I was scared when I walked into the class, because everyone seemed very. very old. I thought I was in some class for graduate students. I couldn't figure it out, but at least Gersh was there.
We got out early, so I went with Gersh to the Union. I ate the lunch I on the goed that morning, and it was swell. Then I went to Beering to do my math homework.
Philosophy: I was a little nervous about this class, but then my friend Tom showed up, and I was all 'rock on', but then he realized that his advisor had put him in the wrong class, so he said he'd give me his books, since he already had taken 331. Then I was nervous again, but then Chip was there, and I was like 'Chip. Chip. CHIP!' and he sat next to me. Then Garret was there, and Chip's roommate, and some other people that they knew. It was swell. For some reason, I feel a lot better about taking the class with Chip, than I would if I didn't know anyone there. Just because it's written on the syllabus something like 'it will challenge your beliefs and blah blah blah'. But the professor was really clear that she's not trying to persuade anyone to become a certain religion. The class isn't even taught from an atheistic viewpoint. It's comparative. So it'll be fine. Except I actually have to read for this class. Not to mention write two 3-5 page papers. Geez. I'm too lazy for liberal arts.
I had another power hour, so I sat in the band lounge and finished my math homework, and did some reading for my physics lecture tomorrow.
Band: I can barely sit in a class for fifty minutes, let alone two hours. It was kind of boring, and I'm really, really rusty as far as playing goes. But whatever. No one can hear me. That much.
Kathy and Elizabeth met me at Elliot, and we went to Stadium for dinner. I don't think we said much during dinner besides, 'These chicken and dumplings are so good!'. Again, I was very tired. But we actually spoke, or rather signed as we ate our dessert.
A little while after I returned from dinner, Elizabeth called me and said that they were having a party. I asked where, and it turns out that it was in my room! So Elizabeth, Kathy, Katie Jo, Laura, Ruth, and I crammed into my room and watched Napoleon Dynamite. That's going to be a classic. I can see it. It is as quotable as Monty Python. I liked it.
Then they left, and Tom came to lend me his textbooks. That was swell. I gave him the rest of Elizabeth's Sun Chips.
Now I'm here, and I'm really tired, but I want to stay up a little later so that I can sleep until 7:30 tomorrow.
Good news. My boss doesn't need me to start work for two weeks. I'm glad. I need some time to get adjusted into my classes before I start working too.
That was that. I can't keep my eyeballs open.
Amy
Quotable Quotes: 'I wish my mouth had velcro in it! That'd be great!' Elizabeth Hooper

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home