Yellow Rose of Texas
I was going to do a blog over my trip last night before I went to bed, but 8:30 rolled around, and I pretty much passed out on my bed, due to my fatigue. Now, however, I'm awake, and completely able to let you know how I've spent the past four days.
On Monday we had Christmas with the Schott's, at my grandparents' home in Lafayette. It was swell. Right now I'm jamming to my XM radio that they gave me. (It's so cool!) Then I went shopping. I got a new pair of shoes. After that, I went to my dorm and repacked for the trip. I had packed so fast Monday morning, I felt like I had forgotten everything. After sitting on my suitcase, I went to Elliot for the meeting and to drop off my luggage. It was fun talking to people my age after being home for a week. I went back to Vawter, and spent the night, which was a little creepy, since I was the only one in the entire building. But I survived, and was only a little sad that the water didn't warm up ever, and had to go without a shower (ew!).
I parked my car in the parking garage, and realized that I had locked my purse in Vawter. I also got stuck in my coat. It started getting really hot because I was wigging out, but luckily Grant was there and he unzipped my coat, and I was able to breath, and borrow a key from Jackie, and I got my purse. Whew! We ended up leaving Elliot way late because security was taking forever, but finally the first flight left, and we got to go. It was happy, because I got to sit with Tom and Kyle, and Tom and I made up our own words to 'First Daughter', which looks really dumb, and also sang along to the two Jimmy Buffet songs we know. Good times.
Challenge block was awful. I was an alternate, but I got to march in the percussion rank for the third time, so it wasn't too bad. I like the cymbals. They're fun. We ate dinner at Cattleman's. I already talked about that. When we got back to the hotel, Michelle and I went to Jason's room for cookies, which were quite delish. (the fish was delish and made quite a dish). Anyway, that was fun. The next two days were a blur of rehearsals and Dick Wood Khakis. (That man is not intelligent). On Wednesday, some of my roommates and I boycotted going to the dance club, and people watched out our window. We ate peanut butter M&M's, and I fell off the bed. Thursday night, we hid Jason from the senior tubas who wanted to get him drunk. We (my roommates, Jason, Brian, and Everett) ordered Papa Johns. Mmm. Enough said. It was fun.
About Friday. Yeah. The game was fun, until we lost. Plus, I had to go to the bathroom so bad by the end of the game was very uncomfortable. But the standing ovation for 'I am an American' was completely awesome. I'm glad I got to march that part. The evening involved running to KFC, then back to the hotel, where flight one again took forever to get through security, The flight was fine. I sat with Josh and Adam. I feel sad for Josh, though, because he is under the impression that he's going to get me to ride a roller coaster. Ha! Oh, well. We jammed to Switchfoot on his IPod. It was cool. The bus ride from the airport to Elliot was really weird, due to our exhaustion, and the fact that it was two in the morning. Crazy people. Uniform check in went wonderfully fast. Then I went to Vawter and crashed. Now I'm here. Good times.
Oh, and the best part was that every morning a few of us got together to pray. Awesome. So grateful for that.
Any questions?
Amy

1 Comments:
Smooth 'n Smarmy
-Shawn
By
Anonymous, at 1/02/2005 04:58:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home