The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Sunday, December 26, 2004

I don't know any Boxing Day songs...

Oh, my gosh, I've missed you guys! My dad finally figured out how to get my computer on our wireless network here at our house, so now I am free to blog in the privacy of my own bedroom. Man, blogging feels so good. It's like I can see you-all of my readers-and you're all waving at me, and saying hi, and, oh, so much love! I can't express my gladness! Anyway, what have I been up to? Quite a bit actually. I finally made it home (to stay) on Saturday, after a couple hours of being home on Friday. Since then I've been in this whirlwind of cleaning and cooking and such. We hosted a 'traditional American Christmas' last Sunday for my mom's boss and his family (who are Spaniards), then we had all of Mom's family over yesterday for Christmas. It's been nice being busy. I haven't been bored or college-sick yet. At least not until today, when all of the Christmas stuff finally wound down, although my aunt and uncle from Virginia are still here. My toe hurts. I've managed to read almost all of Madeleine L'Engles Time Quartet, except for A Wrinkle in Time, which I can't find. The pillow case I'm crocheting for Chris' couch is about two thirds done. I shouldn't have any problem finishing it when I get home from El Paso. Right now I'm trying desperately to pack for this trip. It's kind of tough though, since we leave our suitcases and such on Monday night, then leave on Tuesday, so I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to take all my jeans if I'm wearing a pair on Monday. It's entirely too complex for me. David Crowder Band rocks. I need to go to bed. But I don't want to. I'll write more later. Probably after I get back from El Paso! I'll have pictures! Amy

3 Comments:

  • *Cheesy wave*
    There, now you have the cheesiest wave I can muster, just as you imagined it from your favorite reader. Good thing you have a decent excuse for not blogging since finals; I was going to call you a slacker. I'm up in Minnesota visiting family for Christmas.
    Be sure and let us know how El Paso was from your perspective as soon as you get back. Congrats on not being college-sick yet, I have to admit I've missed constantly hanging out with Cru people (not dorm food as you might suspect). Enjoy your travels in the directions of warmer lands! BSY
    Shawn (formerly known as Tarkin)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/26/2004 10:43:00 PM  

  • Oh I'm SO glad you're crocheting a nice throw pillow for Chris's couch...I hope it's an adorable shade of pink. Um, yeah. So, THE coolest and most bizzare thing happened...it SNOWED! In Corpus Christi Texas! And not wussy snow either, a whopping stick to the ground 5 inches!! The last time it snowed was in '73...and the last time it stuck was in...1899!! And on Christmas Eve too!! So I got to have a white Christmas. Woot. Mmmmhmm. SO, I hope you have a fantastic trip to Texas!
    Cheerios,
    elizabeth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/26/2004 11:02:00 PM  

  • Amy!!! I am so happy you are alive. And I am very sorry that your toe hurts. Have a good rest-of-your-day and I'll see you tonight in good ol' Elliot Hall of Music. :) Elizabeth #2

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/27/2004 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home