The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Sunday, November 14, 2004

I got to get out of here, cause I'm afraid that this complacency is something I can't shake

Awesome weekend. Cru, Dairy Queen, Walmart, seeing my youth group leader whom I haven't seen for two years, breakfast with cool band people, a winning game, marching with the cymbals, creative date with Wiley (!!), playing brochures (wink), church, college group, lunch with Pauline and Elizabeth, hanging out with Ruth, Alecia, and Elizabeth, doing laundry, doing homework with Ruth, seeing my grandparents. I will say it again: Awesome.
You want to know the most awesome part? Feeling God work in my life. He's been telling me to leave my comfort zone, that I need to cross the line, to simply trust in Him. And I'm scared out of my wits. I say, 'God, what are You thinking? I'm perfectly fine where I am. I'm doing good; look at this and this and this'. And God is countering right back, 'Do you just want to be fine?'. I say, 'No, of course not'. And He says, 'Then trust Me more. Come on. Follow me. Just a bit further', and He continues to lead me further and further away from Ordinary. It's like when you're learning to swim. The nice girl would stand just a few feet away, hold out her arms, and say, 'Just swim to me!', and when you let go of the wall and swim those few feet, she moves a little bit backwards, and you swim forward, and she moves back, and so on until you realize that you're in deep water. You're in over your head. And you start to panic and stop swimming, and she comes up, holds your hands, and says, 'You were doing wonderful. Why did you stop swimming?'. And you reply, 'You kept moving away. I was scared. I was in over my head.' And she says, 'I was leading you into deeper water so that you would be a stronger swimmer. I was right there, just a few feet away the entire time. I would never leave you'. God is calling me to keep swimming. I do fine until I realize that I'm in over my head, and I panic. But this time, I have to cross the line. No more mediocrity. I'm so sick of it. I'm sick of living it. I want to have a dynamic relationship with God. God wants to have a dynamic relationship with me. But a dynamic relationship with God means that you can't live a static life. You can't be satisfied with fine.
Amy

1 Comments:

  • Ooooh, I'm glad you had an awesome weekend!! You should pass some of this awesome-ness on. :) Subway was great, thanks so much for dragging me there, lol. I guess I'm one of these people that doesn't even know where my comfort zone is...I don't know how that's even possible. I guess I just make things harder than they are....well, have a good Monday, I'll see you in band! --Elizabeth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2004 08:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home