The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Monday, November 08, 2004

Never forget there's life after death and taxes

So I had the worst night's sleep last night ever! It was horrid, yet horridly funny in some parts. I for some reason didn't have a lot to do, and was ready to go to bed at 10:30. That's really early, I know, but I was bored, plus I was up late the night before watching Pride and Prejudice. So I decided I'd go ahead and go to bed. No big deal. So at 10:45 my cell phone rings, and the caller ID says that it's Filip, one of my better friends from high school. Now I'm thinking to myself, 'What on earth? Filip knows I go to bed early! What's going on?', and I pick up the cell phone, about to give him a hard time for calling so late, even though I was really excited about getting to talk to him, because we haven't stayed in touch that well. When I answer the phone, I hear a voice that definitely isn't Filip's. Filip is from Indiana. He speaks like he is from the Midwest. The person I spoke to was from Texas. He was really from Texas. I was caught completely off guard, but this guy starts telling me how he found this cell phone, and if I knew the owner. I looked up Filip's dorm number on the internet, and I talked to this Texan about how he came to a rodeo at Purdue last weekend, and about how Filip is from Romania and a pretty cool kid. Anyway, I hang up the phone, feeling like I have done my good deed for the day, and low and behold, me cell phone rings again, fifteen minutes later. This time it is the real Filip, thanking me for being so nice to the Texan, and telling me that this guy, Zach, definitely had the 'belt buckle thing going on'. Those are Filip's words. Moving on, I talked to Filip for about half an hour. It was awesome getting to talk to him. We didn't start being really good friends until a few weeks before graduation, and I feel kind of deprived, so I'm glad that we cam maintain our friendship. I'm very excited, because I think I'm going to meet him and his friends sometime after church on Sunday, and also, he and a few of his friends are going to come up for Cru some Friday. Filip said that he's looking forward to being around girls. Hee hee.
Anyway, Filip had to get back to studying (he's pre-med), so we hung up, but I was suddenly very awake and had a huge bout of nostalgia, so I called my best friend from high school, Joan. We haven't talked to each other since school started, it's just been a few e-mails back and forth. It was so awesome. It felt like we picked up right where we left off. But by midnight, and half an hour of talking to Joan (who oddly enough goes to an all female school), I felt that I needed to get to bed. Yeah. Bed. Meaning sleeping. Didn't happen. You know how sometimes you lay there and you're half asleep but you keep on drifting back into consciousness and you never really fall asleep? That was me last night. For three hours. I tossed and turned. I about went crazy, because although I was awake, I was not remotely coherent, so when my roommate came to bed at 3 am, I was so confused. I wanted to be really angry at her for being up so late and keeping her desk lamp on, but I was too tired. It was very strange. Anyway, I have to get going. My evening schedule is running behind, thanks to my math midterm next Wednesday!
Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home