The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Sunday, October 31, 2004

All the blessings You pour out I'll turn back to praise

I really want to dedicate this blog to praising God for how awesome He is, and how he's worked in my life lately. If you didn't know, this weekend I went on a retreat with Campus Crusade for Christ, and it completely rocked. It was about forty-eight hours just to get away from everything, the stresses of school and life, and just completely focus on God and building Christ-centered friendships. It's just that before this weekend, I could see my goal, God, but I felt like I was trying to run to Him, but I wasn't gaining any ground. I was just frozen mid-stride. But now, I feel so awesome. It's like I'm moving again, and this time I not only see the goal, but I have a path, a direction to go in. Finally, after a very long time, I can sit and be still. My mind isn't rushing around, thinking at hundred thoughts per minute. Go is so amazing. There is no other way I could possibly be so peaceful about this next week. I'm going to be so busy, but as God is constantly reminding me, there is enough time in the day, and I will get it all done. Life here is so momentary. It's a shame to waste it away on stress.
I'm very excited, because I think I'm going on Project this summer. I know that a lot of the freshman I've talked to want to wait a summer, but I really don't. Summer Project is through Cru, and you basically meet up with many other Cru people in a city and you work and reach out to people in the community. I just love to travel so much, and not spending my summer in Attica would be so cool. And being able to spend my summer serving God and surrounded by people who are serving God would just be unimaginably awesome.
Anyway, if you couldn't tell, I had a really great weekend, and if you have any questions, just ask me!
Amy
I don't really have a quotable quote from this weekend, although I will probably think of some later, but if you were one of the people who spotted the giant banana being chased by two gorillas around campus, I would love for you to post a comment about your experience!

2 Comments:

  • Oooh, it sounds like you had a blast!!! Hopefully I can go next year. See you in band tomorrow--Elizabeth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/31/2004 07:01:00 PM  

  • The banana and gorillas ran through my Sociology lecture... good times.

    -Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2004 08:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home