The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Ye clouds that sail in heav'n along

It's raining right now. I like the rain. It's clean (or at least I pretend it is) and refreshing. It was almost a nothing sort of day. I had class, then ate lunch with Fred, and went back to my dorm to write a paper that I forgot about that was due at 4:00, which means that I had to get it done before band. Which gave me about two hours. It would have only taken me thirty minutes, except that I was really interested in the whole 'three questions' thing that's going around everyone's blogs and Live Journals. That's a pretty interesting activity. For those of you who didn't see my last blog, the deal is that you ask me three questions (and only three questions), and I answer them, then you post the same deal on your blog or Live Journal, and we all get to ask you three questions and you answer. It's a whole wonderful getting-to-you deal. Just post your questions as a comment. You can be as serious or as silly as you like!
My favorite question has been from Elizabeth concerning what I would want with me if I were stranded on a deserted island. Don't you guys think that that would be a very interesting experience, assuming, of course, that after about a month you were either rescued, or some other person of the opposite gender was shipwrecked to, and you became soulmates, and then a preacher wrecked too and you got married...I digress. But isn't that an interesting scenario? Being stranded on an island. Who would you want with you? What would you want with you? Who and what are likely to be with you? How do you build shelter, get food and water? I almost want to be stranded on an island for a while to see what I would do in that situation. I wouldn't want to be on Survivor, though. I'd have to really be shipwrecked in order to really appreciate the circumstances. I wouldn't like knowing that on the other side of the island is a verifiable feast for the people holding the cameras and video taping your decaying hygiene.
I ate dinner with the Windsor/Cary Cru folks. Very cool. Then the trick-o-treaters came and took my candy, except for the very small ones who received either animal crackers or gold fish. Then Vanessa came over for a while and we had a good old chat. I think I'm going to return the visit next Tuesday. That's exciting.
I'm going to sign out now. I have a 7:30 tomorrow. Ugh! I wish you all pleasant dreams of being shipwrecked on an island!
Amy
Quotable Quotes: " " Fred

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home