The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Sunday, November 07, 2004

It's funny how you find you enjoy your life when your happy to be alive

To begin, I would like to give a shout out to all of my superb dancing partners from the Cru Barn Dance last night. I won't disclose their names here, in case they are embarrassed, but you know who you are, and good job! The dance was so much fun. What do you do at a barn dance, you may ask? Well, first you dress up like cowboys and cowgirls. Then you get to the church where the barn dance is being held, and you socialize until the caller gets the record player set up. And then you get a lesson on square dancing, yes, square dancing. And we square danced about three songs, then learned a couple line dances, square danced some more, line dances, and we went back and forth until we'd square danced four sets. It was awesome. I never, ever thought that I would see a guy square dancing unless he was made to in elementary gym class. And the guys were so enthusiastic! Such good sports! We had a root-tootin', boot-scootin' good time. It was very, very exciting, and I hope that anyone who didn't go this year goes next year!
After the dance, Elizabeth and Kathy came over to watch another hour of Pride and Prejudice. We only have two hours left! That was pretty cool. I like doing things like that on the spur of the moment, just deciding to watch a movie. College is cool. Today was a good Sunday, too. I went to church, and then College group focused on apologetics. We talked about making a case for creation, and some facts and stuff about the Big Bang, God, and how long God took create everything. There are certainly some different opinions, even among Christians, but I guess the point is that it doesn't really matter too much who's right. But it's cool to see how Christianity and science coincide.
Amy

2 Comments:

  • I like seeing how Christianity and science coincide even though I'm not Christian. It makes me happy when the two work together instead of fight.
    -Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2004 10:06:00 PM  

  • I am now sad that I went to volleyball...alas. At least there are no more games, and I'm glad you had an awesome time!!! Maybe next year I will just stop signing up for things, so I can actually go to Cru stuff. :) See you tomorrow!! ---Elizabeth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2004 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home