I'm a little more than useless
So I've finished up all the homework I wanted to get done before band. Hooray! So I'm blogging. Believe me, it was tempting to put my homework off, and cram it in right before band, but I resisted the temptation. Actually, the create a new post page wouldn't load, so I didn't really have a choice. Oh, well. The homework is done, and I don't have to feel guilty about blogging.
My vacation was well spent sleeping, eating, and reading. I'm reading Dracula for the second time. I would highly recommend this book to anyone. It's so good, it actually freaks me out a little bit as I'm reading it. Actually, I've read almost all the books that 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' draws it's characters from, and I would recommend those as well. Mmm, Victorian horror. Good stuff.
Mom had me clean out my room. It was clean, but she wanted all of my junk out of it. Four bags of trash. Four bags of donations to the Thrift Shop. I can't believe some of the stuff I've hoarded over the years. I have to finish cleaning when I go back for Christmas. It's like it's not even my room anymore, and when I think about it, it probably isn't. If I go on project this summer, I'll hardly be at home, plus I want to go to Europe the summer after that, and hopefully I'll have internships after that. So by the looks of it, I probably won't ever be really living at home again. It's kind of sad, but being at home over break was kind of like 'Ok, I like my freedom. I like being able to decide to not eat broccoli at dinner. I like being able to go out with my friends and hang out, pretty much whenever I want.'
Going back to my home church was really weird, too, after going to Calvary. My church just feels so dead and somber. The sermon seemed totally irrelevant. I think the lighting even seemed bleak. Calvary is so awesome, it's like a huge family, and everyone there loves being there, and it's exciting. My church is not like that. I wish it were, but it's not. I felt bad, because as I sat in the sermon, I thought about how much I would rather be at Calvary. Is that bad? Oh, dear. I'm really changing.
Speaking of change, I read through my old journals when I was supposed to be cleaning my room. I've kept a journal since the end of sixth grade. I didn't write in it every day, but often enough to keep a general tab on what was going on in my life. (My history of journal keeping is one reason I blog so much. It's just out of habit). I read over my old entries and thought 'Boy was I dumb'. My junior high journals are all 'oh, he's so cute! I like him so much! I wonder if he'll ever ask me out!' and crap like that. My freshman and sophomore journals are not nearly so bad. I actually wrote about things I did, and emotions apart from stupid crushes. My junior year journal is pretty neat, because that's when I started writing down my prayers and things like that. My senior year journal is stupid, not because I regressed in my maturity, but because writing a journal was an assignment for my English class. So everything in that journal is severely edited because my teacher read it and wrote in stupid little comments with her red pen. Grr. That was really bad for my mental health, because writing had always been my way to sort out my emotions, and I couldn't do that in my journal, because my English teacher was reading it.
You're all probably really bored. I'll go now. I have band in thirty minutes.
Amy
Quotable Quotes: 'Thank you! It was magical!' Prof. Naughton

2 Comments:
Hey Amy! So...I was thinking...how cool is this blogger thing?! so I made one myself...and you are more than welcome to check it out. it's pillarinthetemple.blogspot.com. it's not really interesting right now...but it'll get better. I'll see you later! ~Kathy
By
Anonymous, at 11/29/2004 05:49:00 PM
scritturas stink!
By
Anonymous, at 11/29/2004 07:09:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home