The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Thursday, November 25, 2004

There aren't any good Thanksgiving songs

So I feel really weird blogging at home, but I'm feeling the dire need to update. I slept for almost twelve hours on Tuesday night. I can't believe I was that tired, but apparently I was. I didn't get that much sleep last night, because we went to my aunt's house for Clawson Thanksgiving, which is my mom's side of the family. It was nice, except it didn't seem like enough of the family was there. Traditionally, the patriarch of the family, who is currently my mom's Uncle Dale, says grace. He wasn't there, so we recited this other prayer that we all know, and say at almost every meal at home. It just didn't seem right. Thanksgiving should be more special than that, it seems. Oh, well.
Wow. It seems like I've been away forever, and yet never left. I miss my friends, and being able to go up two floors and finding people to talk to. However, it's nice being home, away from all the stress school was bringing me.
So I think I'll go now. I'm getting tired, and I'm hoping to see some friends from high school tomorrow.
Amy

1 Comments:

  • Yes there is, but only one.
    "Allison's Restaurant", by Arlo Guthrie.
    My parents dig it out every year at Thanksgiving, usually at the social gathering before dinner.
    --Andrew

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/30/2004 11:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home