The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Monday, November 22, 2004

Now's your moment, floating in the blue lagoon

What is it about Disney movies that makes me so weird? Seriously, all I did was watch 'The Little Mermaid', and I go all strange. Not crazy strange, it just puts me in an odd mood. I think that a lot of it is because I struggled a lot during the first two and a half years of high school, feeling like I needed positive attention from guys, because that's something I quite honestly didn't have a lot of. And it really distracted me from God. I would read books and watch movies, and lay awake wondering if I was ever going to have a happy ending like the one I'd just read or watched. Finally God hit me upside the head, and made me realize that in Him, I am completely accepted. That I don't need to worry about happy endings in this lifetime, because I will have the ultimate happy ending when I die. It's still tough to remember that always, especially with today's culture telling women that we need the perfect body and the perfect man to attain happiness. What a lie. Anyway, that's my deep and introspective thought for the evening. Or early morning. I'm actually up late tonight. What's up with that? Normally I'm sacked out on my bed by now,
Amy
P.S. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home