The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Thursday, October 21, 2004

I become so restless, breathless wait for me

Ooh, I'm in a funny mood. I don't feel sad, or anything. I just feel like watching Disney movies. Or Pride and Prejudice. And drinking hot chocolate and eating popcorn curled up under a blanket on my couch. That's one thing I miss about home. The couch. I just have a little chair sort of thing, and even though it's pink, it just isn't as comfy as the couch at home. Hmm...I'd really like to see Beauty and the Beast. I haven't seen that in a long time...
What's with this sudden urge to divulge in animated fictional happy endings? I don't know. Sometimes I wonder I'll ever have a happy ending. (Read: I wonder if I'll ever get married.) Isn't it awful how a lot of girls feel that a boyfriend/husband/male attention will validate them? That guys determine the happiness of these girls? But we're only putting our contentment in something fallible. I don't think that's very smart. I don't mean that we can't let guys make us happy, because I believe that God made us, men and women, to compliment one another. He saw that it wasn't right for Adam to be alone, so he created Eve, a woman, to be Adam's wife and partner in life.
I guess that I just get in moods like this when I begin to forget what how amazing and loving my God is. But if He cares for the sparrow, then He can care for me, and want the best for me. I can have faith, for He is faithful.
I know my blogs are getting more and more 'religious'. I can't help it. This is who I am. I'm getting to know the people who read this better, and am thus becoming more open about sharing things like my faith. And I want to share it, too. Again, this is just who I am.
Amy

3 Comments:

  • HI!
    IT'S ANDREW!
    I AM FINALLY POSTING IN YOUR BLOG!
    By the way, you don't have to worry about the loneliness thing. You are nice enough and pretty enough that you will have no trouble getting guys to fall all over you.
    Hope you day's going OK!
    See you in Band!
    --Andrew

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/21/2004 10:01:00 PM  

  • You're lucky to have such a strong faith in religion to help comfort you in times like that. I sure didn't have that all through my senior year of high school when I was feeling the same way.

    -Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/21/2004 10:22:00 PM  

  • The whole happy ending thing is really what's been bothering me the past couple of weeks, I think...and I realized how semi-pathetic I was being and that bothered me even more. I think that girls can't help wanting someone to tell them that they mean something...but you're exactly right. God will always be there to do that for us. I guess it's just hard to remember that sometimes. *Sigh* Elizabeth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/22/2004 06:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home