Everywhere I go I can't escape Your energy
Ok, so I've decided that it's time to take a break from my endless mountain of homework and let you all know what I did today. (Actually, I'm done with my 'homework' and am moving on to the 'things I really need to get done' pile. It seemed like a good breaking point.)
Today was really good, kind of like yesterday, except that it was today and different in its own wonderful way. I had math recitation. That wasn't so cool, seeing as how I had a quiz that I had no idea how to do. Ugh. It wasn't that I didn't know how to do it, it's that I couldn't remember the stupid substitutions that I needed to solve the problem. Oh, well. We get to drop our lowest quiz score. Italian was molto bene. Well, I had fun talking to my classmates, at least. Our TA's awesome, though. He had this genius painter/professor dad and is in a punk rock band. He's really interesting. Physics was boring, as usual. The professor spent way too much time on reviewing the reading quiz and doing little presentations, instead of actually teaching us the material. I don't know how to do any of my homework. I should be able to do at least half of it.
The day got a lot better, not that the morning was bad, but I ate lunch with Fred, Elizabeth, and Matt, although Elizabeth and Matt were all 'we're leaving in ten minutes', they stayed the entire time I ate! It was really nice of them. I went to practice the audition music over in Shealy, and Kara came to listen to me practice. I was a little nervous because I mess up a lot, especially when I'm practicing, but she was awesome and just sat in the room and read while I played. Band was next. Sectionals weren't bad, and neither was challenge block. I didn't do too bad. I made ranks again. It seemed like a bad day to switch all of the ranks, though. Doc was pretty perturbed with the way rehearsal went. I'd like to say that none of it was Rank 26, but I know that wouldn't be true. It was all of us, the entire band. I just hope that everyone can get it through their heads that we have a five piece show to perfect in about six hours of rehearsal. Gulp.
I ate dinner with Windsor/Cary Cru people. I always have a good time talking to them. I was showing some Cary guys my charts, and one of them, Shane, was like 'Is that a hot dog?' And I say, 'Most definitely.' Seriously, I love that we're making a hot dog. I also enjoyed. Maybe it's just making food on the field...I met my lab partner after dinner, and she gave me the materials I needed to finish up our report. It was a whole lot of hullabaloo to write five lines, but I need all the points I can in that class.
I love being in a good mood. There are just so many reasons, so many little miracles, to have joy in. Someone told me a few months ago that they couldn't remember a specific time when the felt pure joy. I feel so awful for people who haven't felt joy. It's so wonderful...
Amy
Quotable Quotes: "Maybe you should start paid advertisements. Like you could write Meijer on the field" Shane H. from Cru, upon viewing the 'hot dog'. "I can see it: The Purdue University All-American Marching Band makes the famous Floating Meijer Formation!" Amy S.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home