The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Bring us back together again

I am so terrible. I haven't even had my laptop connected to the internet, let alone bothered to update my blog for you guys. My apologies! Anyway, here's a nice long blog to fill you in on my adventure-filled and action-packed fall break. OK, so that's a slight exaggeration, but I digress.
I had one class on Friday. Rock on. It was so awesome, because I went, then I lounged around my dorm room until my mom came to pick me up to get Applebees, where we met Dad. Then Mom took me to get my car, and I came back to campus. Packing took a while. It seemed weird to be packing in order to go home, but whatever. At 5:30 I went to Stadium to get some dinner, except it was closed, and the electricity was out all over campus, so I couldn't even go to McDonalds to get some dinner. So I sat through the volleyball game very, very hungry. But it was all good, because at Rachael's house, we ordered three large pieces. I ate half of one all on my own. Plus a heck of a lot of Cheetos, and about two cream sodas. We watched American Outlaws, which was awesome, then Finding Nemo. I fell asleep during the whale scene, which, ironically, is my favorite part. But Rachael's floor is very comfortable, and I only woke up when the movie was over, and I decided to get my pajamas out of my car. I spent the night at Rachael's, and ate scones for breakfast. (You all missed out!) Then I drove home, still in my pajamas, no less, and spent the rest of the morning and afternoon there. I watched the game with Dad until it was time to leave to watch my sister march at Harrison. We listened to the game in the car, and then sat in the parking lot for ten minutes listening to the end. What a nail biter! (I'm so excited for Saturday by the way. Wisconsin is 6-0. Purdue is 5-0, plus, according to the Rocket, Tiller is undefeated on homecoming games. This is going to be so awesome!) Moving on, Rachel spent Saturday night at my house. She drove back, and we had to stop for cookies...We watched 'Girl with a Pearl Earring' by the recommendation of my parents, and I think we both enjoyed it. I picked up the book at the bookstore, so I'll give you all a review when I'm finished. Rachael left kind of early to go to church, then I went to church in Attica, then to a hot dog roast afterward. It was kind of neat seeing all the people from my church. I like Calvary better, though, I think. It suits me. That afternoon, my mom took my sister and I to play the Shopping Game at the mall. She gave each of us $40, and whoever could by the most practical things won. I won, by the way, and now have two new sweaters, some earrings, and some headbands. (By the way, if anyone is going to the mall soon, let me know because there is a skirt I have my eye on that I might need to pick up!). I ended up getting twelve sweet, glorious hours of sleep Sunday night. It was beautiful. Words cannot express the feeling I had waking up on Monday at 11:42. Wow. I laid around the rest of Monday. I watched Seventh Heaven for once, although the episode wasn't that great. It was still nice to sit down and actually watch TV. That is not something I get to do nowadays. Today I woke up at about 9, which gave me about ten hours of sleep (yes!). I went with Mom to drop my car off at Walters. It's brake lights aren't working (my poor baby!). I laid around for the rest of the day. I love doing nothing, except for the fact that I ate way too much for doing so little. Oh, well. And now I am back. I hate leaving home, but I'm glad to be here again. I missed my friends, and having stuff to do.
Did I mention that I learned the Electric Slide at the Volleyball game Friday? That makes me happy!
Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home