Surrender your love, it's all you can do
My apologies for my lack of words last night. No, Rachael, I'm not upset. I just had the need to lay myself before the Lord. I think that the overwhelming secularism that comes with college life is making me cling closer to Him, which is a good thing. I'm learning to let myself depend on God, which is difficult for a person who wants to be in control, like me. I always want to be uber organized, with my mortar board telling me what I'm doing all the time. But God doesn't run on my schedule, and I'm accepting that. (That is a lot of what yesterday was about.)
Moving on. I have a midterm in math tomorrow, and this guy in my class had lost his text book. Unfortunately, he wasn't in recitation this morning when the TA brought it in. So I being the nice person that I am, picked it up with plans to get it to him, since I knew where he lived. Note that I don't know his name, just that he lives in Fairway, the Christian guys co-op. So I'm on the phone for thirty minutes trying to find this guy. I ended up calling the president of th co-op and describing my situation. Finally, after I returned from studying with my friends from class, he had called me back. His name is Tyler, I found out. Anyway, he came over and got his book. So that was my exciting moment for the day, aside from studying for my math exam. That was...useful? I suppose it helped. I understand all of the material, there are just so many things that I have to memorize! All of these integrals and substitutions and identities and proofs. Five proofs! Ack! I have a feeling that I may be up late tonight. I'm also thinking that I'll be asking my Physics TA if I can take the quiz and leave, and not sit through the recitation, since my midterm is actually during class, and not in the evening. But whatever. I'll roll with the punches.
Band was fun. I marched in the clarinet rank, as well as the percussion rank. It's actually kind of cool marching with people other than those you're used to. Not that I don't love my fellow piccolos, but diversity is cool. I almost want there to be something to work out so that I can march in the picc rank for half time, but with the percussion at pre-game. That would be ideal, although I doubt it would ever happen. Again, I'll roll with the punches.
I ate dinner with the Windsor/Cary Cru gals and guys again tonight. They are awesome people. Hearing about the stuff they've done through Cru is awesome, namely the summer projects they've done. It makes me wonder what I'll be doing this summer...
So I'm pumped about spending an extended period of time at home this weekend. That'll be cool-not having to pack up all my stuff after one night.
I need to study and all I want to do is sleep. Not good! I'm usually a really bad college student and get a lot of sleep, but I really do need to stay up and do all of that memorization, because if I don't feel prepared, I get stressed on the test and I don't do as well as I could. It's a funny process, but that's just the way I function.
Amy

2 Comments:
Grazie! Tu sei molto gentile! (ma tua madre e cattiva!!)
By
Amy, at 10/05/2004 10:49:00 PM
Hey there punk, I am glad to hear that you returned his book. That was a nice deed and I am sure he is greatful for it. Anyways, I have to get back to work and I hope the math test went or goes well.
- Nick (from math club ;) ;) )
By
Anonymous, at 10/06/2004 04:47:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home