You must increase-I must decrease
I'm laying on my carpet in my room. My cat is watching me blog. She looks suspicious. I think she knows I'm writing about her. Hee hee!
I'm pensive. I don't know if I've felt this way in a while. I guess it's my lack of nearby friends to talk to and to help me reflect on myself and current circumstances. Hmmm...that sounds philosophical. Ah, well. I get this way sometimes.
I really enjoyed Shawn's and Kathy's comments on my last entry. Humble is so tough to be, because I feel like it's really easy to be "oh, I'll be really humble" "look at how humble I'm being", then I realize that's prideful, and I'm all "great", because I'm trying to be humble out of pride, and that can't be right. Then I remember that it's not about me at all, but serving God, and as long as I keep my focus on Him, He'll work to make me humble, and a better servant. It's all a part of sanctification. And I'm so glad that He doesn't just forgive us, then leave us to fester in this world, but He works in us, to make us a palace He can live in. I think that's awesome.
Today Moses went to Pharoah for the first time. It was pretty nutty, because Pharoah's heart was definitely hardened-he had the Israelites make bricks with no straw because he didn't like what Moses was saying! Then the Israelite leaders were upset with Moses, but it's all a part of God's plan.
One thing I've noticed about Moses, and most of the famous Bible people: Even though Moses was uncertain, didn't think he could do it, was reluctant and scared, he obeyed God. It's like Mary-"May it be to me as you have said". Even Jesus, who did not want to be crucified, said Yes to God. That's where it starts: God calls, and you answer "Yes".
Amy

1 Comments:
"She looks suspicious"
Eh, well, I personally think all cats look suspicious. ;)
I know what you mean about feeling pensive. You probably hit the nail on the head with your guess about why. Hard to believe it hasn't even been a week since we all left. Tomorrow night will be kind of hard without any Cru to go to or any big Slayter event like last week.
"...trying to be humble out of pride..." Such is the problem. There really isn't that much more to say on that one. It can be quite frustrating.
On a more historical note, as you get closer to the Red Sea and Sinai, you might try to get a hold of a book by a guy named Bob Cornuke entitled "In Search of The Mountain of God." I think you'd find it facinating (I did). It's not long and at times reads like an Indiana Jones script (despite being non-fiction), so it's a quick and engaging read. I highly recommend it.
By
Shawn, at 5/12/2005 10:49:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home