The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

If you like to talk to tomatoes

Inventory Story!
I did inventory for a good two hours this morning, but it was surprisingly pleasant. I walked to MSEE, then to VIC, then I stopped at PEFCU to deposit some checks, and I then went to inventory at CIVL. Those people are so nice. Wilma just handed me the keys for all the locked offices and said, "Just bring them back when you're finished!". But the cool thing was inventorying up in the mail room. There is this man who works there named Larry, and I got to talking to him, and as it turns out, he is in charge of all the keys for the CIVL building. He showed them to me. He had two cabinets, each about a yard wide and a yard tall and maybe six inches deep with a slew of hooks, and they were both full of keys. To the brim! He was telling me that there is only one key to his office (where the cabinets are). Also in the office is a file cabinet, locked inside which are the keys to the cabinets. Those keys are...well, under lock and key! It was pretty cool, and you could tell that the guy is really proud of his keys.
I need five more dollars in support money. Any thing I make over that goes to Mom to pay back for the deposit. I'm real excited. I can't believe that I leave in only a week and a half! Today is June already! I really need to get out of lazy mode, which is what I've been in since school let out. I accomplished nothing last weekend, except maybe some reading. But my room is messy and I need to start thinking about packing and such. I'll be ok, though. I caught up on my thank you notes last night and Friday is my last day of work, so I'll have plenty of time next week to accomplish stuff!
Amy
P.S. What does it look like out your window?

4 Comments:

  • What's out my window? Sorry, don't have one of those; I can't afford those nice luxury items. Nope, it's just me, in the basement, with the not-so-bright ceiling lights, and my three monitors (one of them has these two odd little post-its on it that say "Mr. Collins!!").

    That's awesome about the support for Project! You're going to have an awesome time. Remember, if you have access to a computer at all while you're there, we (all your loyal blog readers) expect to be on the list for the email updates you send! I'll echo Kathy: have an awesome time in TC!

    By Blogger Shawn, at 6/06/2005 09:26:00 AM  

  • AHHHH

    :: looks around scared ::

    hmm... I have no windows in my room...

    Being 11pm, I am guessing it is dark out.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/07/2005 10:59:00 PM  

  • Hey Amy, This is nick from math club from a LOOONNNGGG time ago. Are you still on campus over the summer? I would think yes but am not 100%.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/15/2005 07:57:00 AM  

  • I will answer for Amy since I am not sure if she will check this often over the summer.

    She is out of state for the most of the rest of the summer.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/15/2005 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home