The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. (Blaise Pascal)

Thursday, June 16, 2005

You are my water

Well, here I am in the lovely Traverse City. I’m glad to announce that I made it here nearly with out incident. We had a small problem with the cable connecting the gas pedal to the carburetor, but all’s well that ends well, and that’s that. We’ve been in orientation for the past five days, and yesterday we began our job search. So far I’m hoping for the cleaning staff at the Holiday Inn, but I have to wait to find out. I did fill out a McApplication for McDonalds, but I’m hoping that’s a last resort. So what else. Things are pretty much amazing. The women here are awesome. We had women’s time last night (like Women’s Retreat) and it just helped bring down so many walls. I’m glad we got to do that so soon into Project because it’s going to help our relationships be so much more real. God’s already been working wonders in my life. The big theme lately has been Confession. It’s a biggie and a toughie. I never realized how much I am losing when I’m not confessing my sins, and how much it separates me from God and prevents me from walking in the Spirit. It’s been a big “wow, God, I never realized”. I’ve also been seeing the need to not depend on Crusade to make me grow in my faith. I see that I need to instill a pattern in my life, lay life foundations. If it’s so hard to walk when I go home, what’s going to happen when I graduate? That’s in three years, I know, and a long way off, but it’s a problem that needs to be curbed. So basically, I’m learning a ton and I love Project. Be praying that I get a job! Amy

2 Comments:

  • It's awesome to hear that you are having a great time on project. God knows whats best for you and He will lead you to great things...whether it is at McDonalds or the hotel.

    Have fun.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/19/2005 09:33:00 PM  

  • Glad to hear you got the housekeeping job! Keep us updated on project as you have time.

    By Blogger Shawn, at 6/28/2005 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home