You've taken me from the miry clay
Well, kids, I'm home! I just woke up from an eleven hour slumber, and I'm feeling pretty darn good. Aside from my poor little car getting pretty darn hot, I made the trip back with no troubles. And now I feel that I owe my public (ha ha) a real entry now that I have time!
So where do I even start? It still seems kind of surreal to be away from TC, and all the project peeps. But home is very good. I met the new pastor. It was sort of awkward. I think he's very quiet, and didn't really know what to say to me. But his sermon was nice. I think a lot of them have been on different types of evangelism, so I heartily approve. I ended up taking about a two hour nap yesterday, and basically doing nothing productive outside of prepping a copy of Colossians so I can inductively study it. Let's say that the overview went very well, and I'm really excited to get into it more.
Well, I asked my parents last night how they would feel if I went on an international project next summer or the summer after. They were very encouraging. They don't have any issues about me leaving the country, and Mom even encourages me to travel while I have my summers and don't have a family or anything. I probably could've guessed that that wouldn't be an issue-I inherited the travel bug from them, after all. The only thing they said is that they won't be able to give me much financial support, but they even said that I could take out a student loan or something. This is good, because God has never failed me, and He has always, always, always provided me with the finances to do the things He wants me to do. So international Project is a total possibility at this point, although I'm still really praying about it.
Speaking of God providing, I got a scholarship, and my tuition is covered for the next year!!! I am so excited, you guys! God is amazing, and now all there is is room and board, which is still crazy out the wazoo expensive, but still, no tuition! Yessssssss!
I'm not really sure how to recap Project. I may do a thing on my other "family" blog, so I'll let you know!
Amy

1 Comments:
Yo,
Sorry about yesterday... I didn't mean to just suddenly leave. Someone called and kicked me off my blazing fast dialup connection. And then I had to leave for work.....Stupid 2nd shift.
Oh, and I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time on project.
By
Unknown, at 8/10/2005 01:23:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home