Take my life and let it be
I went home this weekend. Awesomness. My high school played Seeger in sectionals and their band invited my sister's over, so I went and saw her march. Katie did great. She has great posture and really knows what she's doing. I can't wait to see her on the grass of Ross-Ade! Anyway, the Seeger band really freaked me out. Their fight song is "Hail Purdue"...only not. I think they rearranged it to make it easier, when it's already really easy. It just kind of sounds gross and ill-written. And it doesn't end there. They pretty much fashion their band after us, which, as my mom said "Imitation is the sincerest kind of flattery". And I have to be honest, if they are going to model themselves after a Big Ten Band, I'm kind of glad it's us. But it is weird to hear them play the tag (minus the last note) and shout "One Two Three Four First Down!" like we do. And I think they made a Purdue Drum Cadence medley, taking the best snippets from each one, I guess. But the cherry on the sundae was that they played what else but "Final Countdown" when their team took the field. (deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, e-flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee).
I also saw my brother play football on Saturday! He is getting so big! I'm really proud of Ryan, he did a great job. My dad brought his world band radio with generator to Ryan's game, and we listened to the Purdue game while we were there. I don't know how I feel about Purdue football this year. I think it's just a topic better left untouched. Those were weekend highlights. It was really good being at home. Four weeks till Thanksgiving!
Amy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home