All alone in the moonlight
With football season almost to a close, band is winding down as well. I thought I would post some of my reflections from this season.
*Not having to be an alternate this season was pretty cool, as was marching the eight spot in Rank 1. Rank 1 is the best, and I really like marching in between two rookies. They rock!
*Taking the bus to Black field (near the airport) is a much better idea than marching us there and back.
*My family got to come to a lot of games and such this year, highlights of course being my sister marching at Purdue Band Day, and my dad marching Alumni Band.
*While we are not going to a bowl game, and I am kind of sad about that, I am glad that I get to go to Christmas Conference this year.
*Speaking of no bowl game, watching Purdue be bad at football is really, really hard no matter how much I want to go to Christmas Conference.
*Band Prayer rocks my socks off! I love you guys! Thank you for every minute you took out of your schedules to pray for the band!
*I still can't figure out why the easiest Gold Day rehearsal of the year is the one where the seniors come drunk.
*I am surprisingly not burnt out on band like I was last year at this time. I'm actually pretty bummed that it's almost over.
*I don't feel like I earned my Polar Bear T-Shirt...maybe it'll be really cold when we practice parade marching, although I have to give a 'woot' for no freezing cold games this season.
Eh, that's all I've got for right now.
Amy

1 Comments:
Wow, I'd never have guessed that marching practice could get mud high enough to reach your back (unless you took a break to play in the mud along the way). Yeah, it is kind of sad about not having a bowl game, but now you'll be able to go to IndyCC and then (hopefully) head to a really good bowl game next year!
BTW, thanks for the update (despite your strange fascination with antagonizing me with your false accusations, mischaracterizations of my comments, and "bah-humbug"-ing me periodically)! You know, if you're so intent on getting Lucky Eddie and I to come to that movie, you might want to try being nice for a change. ;)
That said; if you want to keep this whole Ms. Scrooge thing going, I could probably call in a couple of favors and have you visited by a few “time-displaced spirits of Christmas" (*cough*...conference*cough*) while you’re in Indy.
Just a thought...
By
Shawn, at 11/14/2005 05:55:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home