You've lost that lovin' feelin' (but I found it at Applebee's)
This may have been the most amazing day I have had in a long long while. So many things were extraordinary...God rocks!
First of all, my stat professor said we did so terrible on the quiz that she's reviewing for two entire power hours before the midterm. In Diff Eq, I found out that since we have an exam next week, our lab isn't due for two weeks, meaning I can skip lab this week in order to study for the exam I had at three. This is a total working of God, because I was so busy yesterday, and so drained I didn't get a whole lot accomplished.
So I come home from class. Lo and behold, the Valentine's fairy (otherwise known as my mother) has left me treats hanging in a bag on my door knob. Mmm, sugar cookies! I then saw random people on my way to study for my exam, and that was awesome. The exam was terrible, but everyone else had a really hard time, so I'm not to worried about it yet.
Working out with Kathy was good-two bikes were open just for us it seemed. Windsor Cary dinner was really fun. John Cobb gave me and Ruth a flower bulb whom we have named Romeo because he came to us on Valentine's day. Then apparently the Meredith Men all dressed up and were taking roses around to Cru girls and Mike came over and gave one to me. Chip and Shane and Shawn were in the encouragement business tonight and I escorted them around Windsor so they could deliver banana bread loaves.
Then we had dinner at Applebee's, for action group. I mean, since it's Valentine's Day, we should do something special, right? Well, I had completely forgotten that today is also my 19 234/365 th birthday. I know, silly me, forgetting important stuff like that! So Ruth and I show up to Applebee's where we are greeted by Kathy in a knee-length sweater, belt, and snow boots, Grace in Chucks, a yellow dress and lacy knee-highs and a green sweater, Laura dressed normally, and Maggie in this darling paisely purple number with boots. I am handed my prom dress (that just seems to keep reappearing) and they give Ruth a bag, and we are told to go change. Then I find out that Ruth is in on this too (she had on a bright pink dress complete with shoulder pads and gold pumps). I come back to the table, and am told "Happy Birthday". Right. It was crazy. All of them except Laura have fall birthdays and we threw surprise parties for them, so today was my day to have a party since my birthday is in the summer.
Keri showed up later in a blue jumper with seagulls on it. Anyway, dinner was so much fun and absolutely crazy. We extended the evening into a trip to Walmart. We got a lot of looks. But it was worth it. All we bought was sparkling grape juice. The night was conluded with us taking beauty shots in Duhme living room. It was really great! I love my action group!
Amy

1 Comments:
pics?
That's actually a really good idea for summer-birthday people. I might have to borrow that for a few people I know. Glad to hear you had so much fun!
By
Shawn, at 2/15/2006 08:52:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home